(Oversized) Mens Dress Shirts.
What’s wrong with a girl wearing these? I know I know, they’re associated with the so-called “Walk of Shame”, having to wear your hook-up’s shirt after a night of regrets and well, …. shame? Well, I wouldn’t know, but I suppose I would wear his clothes if I had access to some fashionable dude’s expensive closet…
But anyway, I’m putting my two words into supporting wearing mens clothes. Just because I own mens clothes doesn’t mean:
1) I have a boyfriend (and I stole his clothes), or
2) I have boyfriend (and I borrowed his clothes)
3) I have ex-boyfriend issues and is still wearing/ keeping his clothes
And it certainly doesn’t mean:
3) I had a hookup and stole his clothes, or
4) I had a hookup and he left his clothes behind
It really just means:
5) I love mens clothes so I actually bought them
No, it doesn’t mean
6) I bought them at the store because I want to pretend I have a boyfriend/ significant other, or
7) I have an insatiable itch to shop (although my mom would beg the differ)
So, for the record, guys – I 1) am single, 2) DO NOT do one-night stands, 3) do not have problems being single, and 4) I love mens clothes, and mens-inspired fashion 🙂
So, what do you guys and gals think? Are girls clothed in over-sized mens’ shirts more slutty than fashionable? Maybe there’s a problem with society that girls are thought to be more slutty than fashionable. Maybe people just don’t understand fashion as an art form, a way to experiment, a way to express yourself.
A few months ago, I came across this video a friend shared with me, and I just thought it was pure genius!
(I got so excited after this, I tried to replicate. Lets just say this girl has a special talent :P)
So in all honesty, I don’t think there’s problem with girls wearing mens clothes at all. In fact, if you’re a fashion geek like myself, you’ll have noticed that there’s been a trend for mens-inspired womens’ clothing. All the more reason to get your mustache on! Hehe.
“the truth is, a great mind must be androgynous” – to me, great, versatile fashion is not only stylish and functional, but androgynous as well!
Here are a couple of my mens-inspired clothing for women, or just straight up from the men’s section! 🙂
Other things in my wardrobe that some people think are “questionable”
- Billabong board shorts (mens) – they were just so much more comfortable than womens’
- Rugby shirt
- Oxfords (Lordy, of I would only fit mens’ shoes, I’d be in trouble!)
Comments, Like, Subscribe!↴